🔴 PLEASE NOTE. UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE NO PATRONS ARE PERMITTED AT ANY RACE TRACK IN QLD (INCLUDING CAPALABA) BUT CAN BE VIEWED ON SKY ♥️♥️
FOR TRAINERS - COMPULSORY SOCIAL DISTANCING EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AT CAPALABA GREYHOUND RACING CLUB FOR TRIALS AND RACE DAY.
TO ENSURE WE CONTINUE RACING - STAFF, STEWARDS, TRAINERS, HANDLERS MUST PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING - 1.5 MTRS APART AT ALL TIMES, THIS WILL BE ENFORCED BY A STAFF MEMBER.
TOGETHER WITH RQ THERE ARE NEW PROCEDURES AT CAPALABA THAT MUST BE STRICTLY FOLLOWED
- The Bar and Canteen are closed, you must bring your own food, soft drink and water. No alcohol permitted on the premises.
- Unfortunately the Club Bus will not be used until further notice
- New Kennelling procedures - Only 4 trainers permitted in kennelling / Parade / Weighing area at one time, this will be enforced by a staff member. All other trainers must wait in an orderly fashion 1.5 Mtrs apart as per the markings on the concrete path.
- For Races 8 - 12 (as they are in same room) ... Once race 8 has been completed, you may only return your greyhound to your assigned kennel when directed by a staff member, until then, wash down your greyhound and wait, while applying social distancing rules, in the shaded parade area, wash bay or under the trees just outside the kennels. If you are in consecutive races please arrange with catcher to kennel your greyhound.
- You must bring your own catching lead, sorbolene cream and powder (there will be none available at the club)
- There will be markings in the parade area for each runner & trainer to stand, be scanned and for stir up, social distancing must be adhered to
- Trainers must now walk up to the boxes 1.5 mtrs apart in the new box order 1 5 3 7 2 6 4 8. Boxes 1 & 5 may walk directly behind the boxes while the rest of the field waits for their turn under the marquees until the starter calls them in 2 at a time only. Once you have boxed your greyhound, you must move quickly to the new area behind the boxes, once the race has commenced you may all walk back towards the club maintaining social distance rules.
- Do not share pens. food or drink
- It is encouraged you nominate your greyhound online, if you nominate by phone, it is recommended that you nominate early due to the volume of calls the RQ graders are now receiving while working from home.
- Our staff will be wearing disposable gloves
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser / wipes. (bring your own, also available in kennels and at Bar)
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing, dispose of tissues immediately after use and wash your hands or apply hand sanitiser / wipes.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home if you are unwell.
- Avoid handshaking. Whilst handshaking is a social custom, especially in our industry, it has been generally accepted in recent times to refrain from doing it.
- If you could please arrange your catcher ahead of time as there will be less people available (especially in the later races) Find a catcher in the Capalaba Greyhounds Trainers Facebook Group or in the Catchers & Handlers - QLD greyhound meetings and trials group - Let's all help each other during this difficult time 🙏🥰
- 🔴 At any time this may need to be updated or amended to suit current advice - we will keep you updated 🔴
This is not a joke and should be taken VERY seriously, if you are caught not practising social distancing rules, you will be asked to leave the club. We take this very seriously as we want to keep racing !!!! help us, help you, help the industry !!Thank you for your cooperation ♥️